2K Dual Camera doorbell firmware

Hi all

Just had this delivered, and it’s managed to do one firmware upgrade to 0.1.2.5 and is telling me that 0.1.5.0 is available (and presumably others after that).

If I click upgrade from my Android (Pixel 6 Pro) app, the camera shutter clicks, the homebase LED flashes red/blue for a bit, and the app says it will take 3 mins or so.

If I’m lucky, it says it failed. Otherwise it just sits there and does nothing (scrolling), or if I move away from the app, and come back, it asks me to start again.

I left the doorbell “off” overnight, so there would be no activity on it, and it’s still not upgraded itself.
If it helps, the “Subsystem” reported via the web interface is 0.8.6.

Clues?
(it’s a T8213 model)

[EDIT #1 : Went back to check it again, it said failed (again) but now says it want’s to do 0.1.2.5 to 0.1.2.5…?]

[EDIT #2 : Turned my Android phone “display off” setting to off, so the screen stays on, turned the doorbell back on, and hit update again, and now it’s saying 0.1.5.0 is available again…]

[EDIT #3 : Tried from a Pixel 3, same result - but it’s the same Android version…]

I do not have doorbell but wonder how the wifi signal is from the doorbell wifi.

So go to doorbell and check app to see how strong signal is

If not as strong try to upgrade when family is not up or less interaction from area IP.

Check with eufy help desk if nothing else

The doorbell itself doesn’t connect to the house WiFi, it connects to the HomeBase 2, which is wired. Also, it’s not yet installed on the house, so it’s 2 feet from the Homebase :\

1 Like

Earlier, I plugged it in and saw a green charged LED, and (in the app) the battery icon implied it was full.
I’ve now plugged it into the Homebase 2 directly and it’s reported 50% charge - so it may well be that the battery isn’t full enough to update. I shall let it charge and see.

Got battery to 100% in the app.
Tried update with it still wired, off and on, and then unwired, on, and same result…

Are you sure that it’s necessary to upgrade the device further for it to function?

I just received this product in the mail, but I haven’t taken it out of the box yet. Currently I have the original 2K Video Doorbell (battery-operated) installed at my door. Since these connect to the Homebase 2 for signal (which acts as a wifi extender) and if you’re getting good signal, then there shouldn’t be any reason you’re not able to download the update…unless maybe the update version on your app from Eufy is corrupted and maybe it needs to be re-uploaded onto the site again by Eufy.

Honestly, this is all just a guess from me. But I would call Eufy and ask them about this updated version and if you need it to function properly. Bottom line, if your device works without the update, then you should be able to install it as normal and start using the device. Does the device function as it’s supposed to right now?

It appears to be working as is, however I tend to like things to be “up to date” to ensure new features/bug fixes/performance.

The fact it says there is an update implies should have one, so… :slight_smile:
(I’ve emailed them to see what they say)

I completely get it, but I’m sure you’re aware of how new updates get released for any technology and that sometimes they don’t catch every possible bug or program issue due to them wanting to release the update quickly.

Plus, if the software is working perfectly just the way it is, sometimes it’s not worth the risk to update, especially if the update is just patching or fixing something minor that you don’t need.

By the way, what does the firmware 0.1.5.0 say that it upgraded in this version? I’m curious since I’m probably going to run into this same issue. Should I bother upgrading any of the firmware when first turning it on or skip it? Let me know before I run into this too lol. Thanks!

See what Eufy says, but I would skip it in the meantime. Keep us updated.

AFAIK if you do skip the firmware update on initial startup it will eventually take place automatically later. You can’t stop it from happening and also future firmware updates also.
Would be nice if there were an option for the user to decide when to allow it at their leisure.

I’ll agree that firmware updates (application of generally, and timing) should be “user based” unless there is a critical service breaking event that means you’d be cut off unless it was updated…

Eufy support have emailed me to say that my camera should have updated in the last 24 hours, and it hasn’t, so… :slight_smile: