Alexa Skill Issues

Alexa Show now connecting to cameras and showing video. Looks like the latest update solved the issue. Thank you Eufy!

Yeah the cameras are now working ok csn access all three of my camera via Alexa now the only thing I cant get to work is the Entry Sensor routine through Alexa.

What I’ve tried to do every time the door opens or closes the echo dot or show announces it which still doesnt work by the looks of things

Yep the cameras are now working, not showing there is a problem but the contact sensors still same as previously reported response from Eufy on this as shown below.

“We’ve already forwarded this issue to our engineer team and they are seriously looking into it. Our engineers will resolve this issue in the next firmware upgrade as soon as possible”

Add me to the list of complaints. ‘Waiting for Eufy Security’. Then ‘Camera Not Responding’

Eufy App works for all cameras
Alexa recognizes names of cameras

1. Delete and re-link the EufySecurity skill under your Alexa account; - Done, No Change
  2. Reboot the Router, reset the Homebase to see if it works. - Done, No Change
  3. Confirm ‘communication’ and ‘message’ has been enabled in Alexa - Done, No Change

Useless for me at this point.

Magically today, it started working today, which would suggest its on the skill side of things

So Eufy, where are we with the Alexa skill fix for the sensors?

Any news? still not working! Is it that much difficult to get the skill working, the system is almost useless for my without Alex show. Please hurry! Ty

If your still having problems seeing your cameras on The echo show have you tried the following

1. Delete cameras from Alexa
  2. Disable the Eufy skill in the Alexa app
  3. Sign off out Alexa

Then

1. Sign into the Alexa app
  2. Enable the Eufy skill in Alexa
  3. Add cameras back into Alexa by adding/ discovering new devices

This worked for me and I could view my cameras on the Echo show again

1 Like

Tried already everything without any luck, works fine on the tablet or smart phone.

That worked for me with latest Alexa update I got on my Android phone and iphone

Just tried it and my driveway camera has appeared on my Echo show 5

Ok, I will give it another try.

Noticed that the door sensors open/closed status is working in Alexa but still not able to create routines?

Open Alexa app, open door sensor status changes, same wirth door closed, so its clear the skill link is there but when creating simple routine i.e either switch light on or say “door Open” does not work.

Eufy see that there is works going on but this one can’t be that hard to resolve?

I’m able to create the routines and you can play them to test the routine so it sends the message or notification via Alexa

But the routine doesnt work if you open the door and close it I.e. no notification or message sent via Alexa

Even though Alexa shows the door opening and closing as you mentioned

I decided to email Eufy support directly and they messaged back with the following

I understand that you want Alexa to announce to you when open or close the door. But sorry to tell you that the sensor doesn’t support working with Alexa’s routine currently. We’ll forward this concern to our engineer and hope they further consider its availability in the future firmware upgrade.

I’ve heard back from Eufy support and they have now agreed the Entry Sensor and Alexa routines not working is a bug and they will be working on it for a fix in a future release no timescales unfortunately

So it must have been working to have stopped??
come on Eufy this one should be easy, not a firmware update just sort the Alexa skill out.

Eufy, any update on this issue?
No mail updates or response to ticket…

Still no update from Eufy!?!
How long does it need to resoplve this issue with sensors?
Pretty poor that a product is released and can be seen via the Alexa skill but cannot be used…

Still the same and no respionse or update from Eufy…
Reaaly would appreciate the sensors working correctly on Alexa.

Come on Anker (Eufy) still no response from ticket raised and the skill only works for the cameras just!
Why allow the sensors to be seen and not able t use them??