Geofencing + Scheduling/recording at night while home

It would be a great benefit for scheduling to be included in geo-fencing. It will make it a completely hands=off function. You set geo-fencing to arm when you are away, and follow your schedule when you are home. If you only want your cameras to arm overnight you do it in schedules.

Without this feature geo-fencing is either a manual option or you use of useless battery life on your cameras as well as your devices getting notifications when you are home just to have it enabled full time.

Any status on when this will be enabled would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi Mengdi, You mentioned Q4 2020. We are now at the end of Q4 2020. Any update for your Customers?

3 Likes

Now we can do geofencing, but the schedule model is not planned.

2 Likes

Thank you for your good suggestion. Since the combination of Geofencing and Schedule will affect the basic recording logic of the camera, we are still finetuning this function, which is expected to be supported before Q4 2020.
If there is new progress, we will post an announcement in this forum, so stay tuned.
Geofencing + Scheduling/recording at night while home - #5 by Mengdi - Wishlist - Eufy Security Collective

@Mengdi these are your words. Multiple threads, people have been asking for a year about it. This is really disappointing.

Read the whole thread, please!

6 Likes

Another request for this feature!
I cannot guess what could be more important.

3 Likes

Even though that’s what you said? What a mess. I’m actually disgusted with the level of customer service and updates for these products. How about ensuring needed features are enabled before moving into dog paw washing systems?

4 Likes

Je confirme que combiner là géolocalisation et le calendrier serait un très grand progrès !!
Car je souhaite utiliser la géolocalisation pour désactiver les notifications quand je suis chez moi en journée mais je souhaite aussi recevoir les notifications pour ce qui se passe la nuit chez moi !!
De plus, la géolocalisation sur mon iPhone fonctionne bien mais pas celle sur l’iPhone de ma femme qui a les mêmes réglages, elle est toujours « dans la zone », donc ne force jamais la mise en marche des caméras.

2 Likes

As other people pointed out already, the problem isn’t with the geofencing mode, but with the fact that in the schedule mode you can select all other modes except geofencing.

Please allow us to set a time-frame in the schedule mode when we can activate automatically the geofencing mode.

8 Likes

As other people

4 Likes

Do they read this??

4 Likes

Yes please!! This makes 100% sense - geofencing on its own or scheduling on its own is not helpful at all, as a programmer i dont get why its so complicated- instead of activating home when im in the zone activate scheduling? Once im out of zone activate away?

7 Likes

Another request for this. It’s almost pointless having a geofencing mode if you can’t schedule when to record/send notifications.

For example, I’d like to be able to set geofencing on, but, to only record when either a) I’m away from home (eg geofencing on) and b) when I’m asleep between certain hours of the day (eg I’d set it to midnight - 7am).

Without this setting, it makes a lot of the indoor products relatively pointless.

8 Likes

Basic geo-fencing still does not work for IOS with the second phone. It seems to work reliably with the standalone primary phone, but once you add the shared/family member it does not work at all. The primary phone leaves the zone fiine, but the secondary phone never leaves the zone, ever. Sometimes if you open the app for something or click on geo-fence it will trigger it. Of course you should not have to do anything as long as the app is at least running in the background, which it is. I tested it with multiple secondary phones and have seen no difference. Please fix this basic function of geo-fence. As additional info, I am using geo-fencing on a couple of other products and they work fine, so my environment is working ok. Is there any type of debugging we can do to help resolve this?

With regards to scheduling, I don’t understand why adding this to geofencing is so difficult. It already an option for manual selection. It shouldn’t be difficult to add it as a function within the geo-fence program.

7 Likes

@Mengdi any response to latest posts?

2 Likes

Yes please implement this feature!
Geofencing and the ability to use a schedule for arming at night!!
I just bought these cameras and the doorbell and without this feature I will highly consider returning and posting reviews of why I’m returning it.
Thanks in advance

6 Likes

Yes please! The combination of adding/integrating the geofence mode into the schedule mode is very much needed! In my case I want between certain hours (when I am sleeping) all motions sensors on and outside these hours I want want the system to be in geofence mode. Now, in the morning, when my GF forgets to switch modes MANUALLY in the app and goes downstairs everything goes ballistic :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Yes, just add geofencing into the schedule as an option, users can take care of the rest. Love this product otherwise.

4 Likes

The geofencing is useless if you cannot use it with the schedule mode. I will have to switch back to the Arlo cameras if this feature is not added by mid-year of 2021.

5 Likes

This is literally a very basic feature. I did not realize that this wouldn’t be an option when I switched from an Arlo Pro.

There’s no work around either since Eufy doesn’t allow Apple HomeKit to automate Home/Away with the system.

I have an a Eufy Security 2 outdoor camera set up in my kitchen which monitors both my back door and the garage entry door. As with literally everyone who has cameras set up indoors, we don’t recordings and notifications going off during normal wake hours setting off the camera. It drains battery, stores useless recordings taking up storage space, and conditions us to ignore the notifications. When we are asleep, we want the indoor cameras on, since any motion would (typically) indicate an intruder.

This isn’t a nice to have. It’s a necessary feature which without it is a huge security risk for homeowners.

• Intruder when we aren’t home = stuff gets stolen
  • Intruder in the middle of the night when we are home = stuff gets stolen and our lives are in danger

If your engineers don’t want to develop the logic (which would be as simple as allowing us to select the Schedule option when we are home), then let us manage it with HomeKit like other smart devices and Phillips Hue lights.

8 Likes

Great to see so many backing my feature request!

7 Likes