Home Base 2 External Storage

So where is it then?!

2 Likes

Okay Anker. I have bought your products for years. I just bought the Eufy 2C on Prime Day. You have 3 more months to come up with the external storage issue, or I will take advantage of the extended return period being offered by Amazon and return it by January 31. Hopefully, it won’t take anywhere near that long.

1 Like

I’ve bought the Eufycam 2 but unfortunately it’s a failed product. I’ve a feeling that Anker isn’t spending any time and money anymore on this product. All false promises. No face recognition, no external or cloud storage and support for Homekit secure video that doesn’t work properly. It’s a shame.

Well, this is a sad day for me. I just got home with my new kit today thinking Eufy was like the ‘Android’ of security systems by not dumbing everything down AND scamming people for a monthly subscription. Plugged in the HomeBase2, logged in to the embedded web interface, and there’s a big button to “Apply for subscription”. There’s never any light at the end of the tunnel these days. Did I just buy the ‘wish.com’ Arlo or Nest system??

I have downgraded my Amazon review to one star. Please those that feel dissatisfied by Eufy’s false promises also let other prospective buyers know on Amazon or other similar sites. This is the only way to force Eufy to address this issues.

6 Likes

I think you’re too quick to judge here.
Eufy indeed does not mess around with features requiring subscription (like activity zones, or human detection). The subscription it offers is for additional storage which, if you think about it, would never really need.
Tell me why you’d require more than a month of ALL videos to be stored? Let alone the legal base for this is usually a bit questionable.

With eufy, their occasional missed detections etc. aside, you’ve got a killer system that does not require a subscription. I find it a bit sad that you jump up on these forums after the first button you see that involves payment. I hope your image of eufy changes during the time you use their products. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Your argument about legal is totally invalid. You are probably making this comment based on your own country. Eufy sells products worldwide and this is an international forum. There is nothing questionable here about storing videos for more than a month. Law in your country may have additional restrictions but that’s a different story.

Also, it’s half decent system at best. Ring has far superior battery life albeit with paid subscription. You may love Eufy and find it a killer product but many of us don’t feel the same.

2 Likes

Yes, it is different for each country, where filming the public street is illegal, so not totally invalid. Aside from that, there is still no reason why you’d want to keep videos from over a month ago. I hope in the case something special happened, the video is already downloaded to the phone or backed up to a cloud.
I think there are more people satisfied with the products than there are those who aren’t. People content with their products usually don’t post on any/this forum.

My reply was not specifically aimed at you, OdCam. I think your claim is very valid as this promise isn’t kept. wingnut creates a picture where eufy is subscription based, which it isn’t and that’s why I responded.

1 Like

I totally appreciate you didn’t reply to my point. But you made two points in reply to wignuts post. I tried to give another perspective. A cctv camera product such as Eufy is aimed at international customer where each country has different law for data retention. Therefore, the product should be aimed universally. If one month date retention is a law in a given country then customer from that country must follow that rules themselves. However, the product must take into consideration international usage case. I once needed footage of something that happened three months prior. It was not security related issue, so, at that time i didn’t download the footage. But for some legal reason i needed the footage later on and couldn’t retrieve it as there’s not enough storage. You never know you need something until you actually need it.

Also, I agree that there are more satisfied customer for Eufy than unsatisfied ones. You’ll find the same is true for Ring, Blink, Google, Arlo … pretty much all brands. Therefore, this point also doesn’t make Eufy any standout performer.

Also, cctv cameras aren’t just to record public street. It is widely used to record private premises (which is true in my case). In these cases there’s no restrictions on how long the footage should be kept in most countries.

You might be in IT, but I doubt that you are in actual development. Two weeks is barely enough time to do testing let alone actual development.

This doesn’t mean that Eufy is off the hook with their promises, but maybe Eufy should subcontract out to you if you think you can get it done in 2 weeks. :man_shrugging::partying_face:

1 Like

Why would someone steal the USB storage and not take the Homebase?

3 Likes

I’ve picked up a kit on the basis this is or was going to happen in the near future.

Being able to plug one of these flash drives in the back could well and truly put Eufy well ahead of the market. In terms of hardware expandability, they are quite limited unless they release a v2, but allowing external storage would be a big win.

P.S @AnkerSupport, in v2 please can we have a battery backup? :pray:

Waiting for storage update for Homebase2 before buying external cams 16g not going to last for several 2k cams.

It has been confirmed in another post by Eufy customer support stuff that this feature isn’t coming to Homebase 2. They also changed it in their FAQ section to reflect this. It no longer says “stay tuned it’s coming shortly”. It now says “no external USB is supported”.

Really??? I’ve been waiting months for this. I have several EUFY products that all store footage on the home base 2 but since I have several devices that are all in active areas I constantly find I need more storage. Has anyone found a workaround? I’d like to plug in an external device or hard drive to expand the internal storage - this was a feature that was promoted as “coming soon”

1 Like

Establishing a history of harassment can take years of recordings if people are passive agressive enough. Its also good to show a past schedule to enforce that you dont harras others… these kind of people watch you to find a way to accuse you of doing things you don’t…

RTSP works for most cameras. You can use a NAS or even a Raspberry Pi with an external drive.

I find by going through the events once a week or so and deleting all the junk that I don’t care about, there’s plenty of storage on 1 homebase. Not much point in keeping GBs of clips that you will never watch unless you have business policies dictating storage needs.

1 Like

I wonder if Anker engineers need some brain surgeries to make the USB port useable for external storage. If the company spend make some efforts to upgrade the firmware, which allows this option, they will make big money and gain a higher level on customers’ trusts. That is the best way they can work out.
If they decide to betray their consumers, they will loose both big time.
Let them make the call.

4 Likes

I’ve called numerous times and since they first promised the firmware update its been nothing but excuses.
It’s been more than a year and still no external storage compatibility. I moved to Eufy from an Arlo Pro 2 system that had external storage compatibility but battery life was not as good as the Eufy. Now I’m starting to second think my decision, considering all the broken promises. I’ve had several long talks with customer service and still no firmware. I think Eufy is trying to figure out a way to benefit and profit from a proprietary USB device to force consumer to purchase the drive directly from them. I hope not, as this will certainly be a deal breaker!

2 Likes