HomeKit Secure Video

It hasn’t, that simply takes one through to a set of instructions for non-existent settings. Received today from Eufy support:

“ Thank you for your interest in the eufyCam 2/2C HomeKit Secure Video!

I am so sorry to say that the Homekit secure video is not supported yet, the HomeKit Secure Video Official firmware release will be within 2 weeks.”

But it appears they have been saying this a while now.

The app actually including HKSV buttons and settings came in an update last week. Obviously it’s imminent.

Any idea on how to get into the HSV Beta?

1 Like

I got this to work - same as above per @User1477, when you click “Homekit Setup” in the Home Base menu, the “Homekit Security Video” [sic] section now shows how to enable the HSV feature. Apparently.

I went into the iOS Home app, chose a camera, went into its settings, and chose “Stream & Allow Recording” for the “When Home” and “When Away” preferences. I’m pretty sure it’s working, because when I tried to do the same on another camera, I got an iCloud notice that I was “only on the 200GB plan” and for >1 HSV camera I needed to upgrade to the 2TB (US$9.99/mo) plan.

Running Home Base firmware V2.0.9.8h, updated this morning as did my eufyCam 2 cameras.

Mine started working after a beta firmware added, but wow what a disappointment on the Apple side of things :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Apple has said for quite a long time that HKSV is one camera for the mid tier plan and up to five cameras for the 9.99 plan. It also stores video for 10 days so if that’s a concern also you may be better off with HomeBase storage.

UPDATE: LOL, of course the moment I post this question it starts working for me. Disregard.

I believe I now have HSV activated for all three of my cameras, but when I view each camera in the Home app, I don’t get a toolbar/timeline where I can review recordings. Is this working for anyone else?

1 Like

iOS 14 offers more settings in home. Still hugely disappointing that only one camera is supported unless you stump up for the ridiculous priced iCloud top tier. Eufy need to get on board with ‘non square’ activation zones though, these are way better in HomeKit now.

1 Like

Indoorcam 2k has non-square zones. Hopefully, they port that to the eufycams!

@mark217 what do you mean “these are way better in HomeKit”?! There is no activity zones in hame app.

@JonnyBravo Im using iOS 14 and there is no way to add Activity Zones so not sure what he is referring to.

1 Like

3 days left in June and no beta HomeKit for indoor cams as promised.

1 Like

For the indoor camera 2k I’m hopeful I get invited to beta but all we can see as of now in the app is coming soon.

How Can you see that you are invited to beta?

1 Like

How Can you see that you are invited to beta
Good question I think they would send us a NDA but I’m hopeful that they make a firmware page this way maybe we know when to stay up to date and see what kinda fixes I know it’s under system but I would like to see it in one topic.

With eufy how do you know that you will be selected for beta I have requested beta and don’t even know if they have selected customers for the indoor cam from what I read the beta would be end of June and then out of beta in July sorry for long explanation.

@JonnyBravo, Yeah I’m on Apple iOS 14 as well i am more so wondering about how eufy selects beta for the indoor cameras as I preordered and have 3 of them and was under the impression that eufy beta will take place by end of June and then HomeKit should roll out to public in July. So just did not know how we would be notified if selected? I have done my NDA with eufy already. I also have 2tb 9.99 plan on iCloud. Can you help me out @mengdi.

That iCloud tier pricing is in line with cloud storage for virtually all Eufy competitors, and it doesn’t apply the footage to the storage pool itself. Considering it provides the enhanced activity zones and facial recognition AND local processing and encryption, why do you think it’s “ridiculous priced?” And compared to what?

That’s not true. The dev beta 1 is very stable and is not “full of bugs” at all. In fact, it’s incredibly stable and nothing like prior years at all. Where did you get this nonsense about it being “extremely unstable?”

2 Likes