HomeKit stopped working

Hi, Has anyone had a resolution to this problem?
When I first started I had 1 Homebase, I had exactly the same issue as you guys adding cameras, They would show in HomeKit then crash out after the cameras refreshed 3 times (30seconds).
Tried all the above suggestions with only the same results
eventually, I don’t know what I did to get them working but finally got them to work,
After a few days I decided to add 2 moor cameras, but the distance to the Homebase was too great so I ordered another HomBase with cameras. (at this point the cameras still working after 7 days)
The house is very old with walls over 2 feet thick so I have a Homebase at the front and 1 at the rear of the house
The new Homebase worked straight away adding the cameras to HomeKit without a problem!
the second Homebase (original one) is back up to its old tricks

Thanks Macca2! Your fix seemed to work (mostly). I also had an issue where all of my cameras would disappear from HomeKit. I factory reset the Apple TV, deleted the HomeKit app on our old iPad 2 (air)’s. I then removed the Eufy Bridges and the indoor camera from the HomeKit app. I then re-added the Eufy Hubs and indoor camera to HomeKit from the Eufy App (via HomeKit Authorization).

I was able to add the Eufy hubs (bridges) and the cameras that were already part of the hubs with the exception of the doorbell. The doorbell camera that is part of the front living room hub was not an option to add when I added the bridge, even though it showed up in the Eufy app under that hub.