Indoor pan/tilt returns to its last location after it tracks something ? What?

When did this happen?!?! I gave up on using it as intended a long time ago. Set it up this weekend at a neighbors house to baby sit it when he was gone. He must have turned on the tracking…. And it actually returned to its original location!!! Wow. It will re-trigger the alarm as it returns to its last location a minute or so later…. But so what!!

Don’t say this very often…. But nice job Eufy!!!

Now have to rethink how I am going to use it… if he gives it back.

I don’t recall when this was fixed. But it is the way it was “intended” to work out of the box after it tracked. Return back to original position or the position you have set for it.
Also, if you had set an activity zone and the cam did not return to its original position then that activity zone would not be in the position you had set it to cover.

I actually have a second one in a box somewhere. Glad they didn’t make it to the trash bin as planned. ( replaced them both with the much smaller indoor cams )

And Eufy!!! If your listening… don’t get a big head. I have a list of many other small software fixes you could do to make this product a real barn burner!!!

Ahhhhhh… who am I kidding.

This seems like the most obvious thing that the cameras should do anyway lol.

I just bought two pan & tilt 2k indoor cameras. I got one of them setup so far but I don’t use the motion tracking right now so I didn’t realize this was an issue.

If this issue was normal for these cameras, then they would be junk cameras to most people. Once it tracks someone and moves (but doesn’t go back to original view), not only does it change your entire zone if setup, but it wouldn’t even be aimed at the target where you want Surveillance to begin with (doorway, entry, specific area, etc). That would suck and make them useless to most people lol.

Either way, I’m glad this was fixed. I hope Eufy is listening to people in this community and decides to resolve many of the issues members bring to their attention to retain their business and trust in the company.

How can P&Tilt return to their position if there is no encoder wheels inside?
Your start position must be at centre.

That’s a really good question. I did take the time to adjust it where I wanted it (in the app) before he turned on tracking. I haven’t taken the time to test this… but it returned very close to that initial set position. Hate that it doesn’t pause the alarm/alerts/recording when it’s returning to its set position…. But it happens within the next min. I’m overjoyed that it works at all. My 2 cams were on the scrap pile. Will actually find a job for them now.

Maybe it was just me…. But my new cams would see some sun or something … and spin the cam to view it and it would never go back. Yes…. Worthless. I replaced them immediately.