Low battery warning/notification

My battery doorbell does not seem to warn me when battery is almost dying.
I can see the icon turn red for example when at 10% but no notification anywhere, so I need to check every few days to see if it is time to charge it again.
Is this by design or have I missed a setting somewhere ?

2 Likes

Interesting. When I first got the doorbell, I got low battery notifications after about 3 weeks (yeah not the 6 months suggested) but yesterday it just died without notification . When I checked the app it said “doorbell has turned off due to low battery” would have expected some kind of low battery notification before it died.

2 Likes

Any update on this from Eufy?
Hello. When I first got my wireless doorbell, I’m sure it notified me of a low battery. Now it doesn’t and the battery runs out without warning.

I can’t see a setting to enable it. I’m running Android.

1 Like

Do you have push notifications turned on for the doorbell in the Security Tab?

Note: If you turn off motion detection for the doorbell, it will shut off Push Notifications and I think that will disable notification of low battery. I’m not 100% sure on this as I now have my battery doorbell wired, so I don’t see any low battery conditions anymore.

Same problem here with my brand new battery doorbell. Hope that Eufy can answer the question. I follow…

Thanks. Motion detection was enabled but I wasn’t getting notifications for that either.

Found the setting under Security > Device rules > Doorbell - when motion is detected > “Push notification” which was unchecked. Enabling that has enabled motion detection push notifications.

There’s a second setting under Doorbell Settings > Notification > Motion Detect, which I have switched off for now.

Will have to wait for the battery to get low again to check if this has worked.

@alex.beech Is your phone Iphone or Android. I am not seeing these settings as an option.

Another clue I found was if you enable Optimum Battery in Power manager, it will disable motion detection on the doorbell, which then disables Push Notification in the Security tab. I think that could be the root of the issue for those having the symptom. Hopefully, knowing that will make it easier when people are experimenting with different power settings.