Micro sd card in eufy indoor cam

I install a micro sd card in the new eufy indoor cam. formatted as requested by the eufy app. took the card out and plugged it in the desk top computer to view the video on computer…the computer did not read the card…tried with two different cards but the same…what did i do wrong?

8 Likes

From whay i have read the Micro SD Card isnt expected to be removed from the camera. You are expected to leave it in the camera and acces the clips through the camera from the mobile app.

2 Likes

So the only way to get the file is to download from your phone app and upload to cloud i guess.

Well what are you trying to do? Or maybe better term would be trying to accomplish? Do you just want the video in the cloud somewhere?

1 Like

To continue this thread, i have continuous recording on an indoor camera facing outside. In the event of an “event” I would like to be able to copy enitre days worth of footage (ie, pull SDcard, copy that day).

The event could be vandalism of a neighbors house. If they don’t know when it happened, beyond that it happened sometime while they were out over the weekend. Having the ability to copy the entire day for safe keeping, to dig though, or to provide to the police in larger chunks would be helpful.

3 Likes

How do I get video from the Eufy indoor camera or the microSD card onto my PC? I can go to the app on my phone and view playback. There are buttons for “download”, “share”, “donate”, “delete” and “record”, but the “download”, “share” and “donate” buttons are not selectable.

1 Like

i just found out about this probleme , this is so weird like even cheap 10$ camera can do that , i dont know why u cant read the sd card , i will contact support later at least they need to give us an option

1 Like

I think the files are encrypted.

It is crucial for users can remove card and read in PC reader?
or
You must have internet to read?

It is a surprise that user cannot access sd files?
App should be able to do that without internet

1 Like

I discovered how to download from SD card, its clumsy but seems to work
In the playback screen
1 place timeline marker where you want to begin download
2 tap the record button
3 increase the speed to 16x
Its a very clumsy method but seems to work

I think the encryption is by design, it makes sense that if someone takes the sd card that they can’t see the contents of it, especially with indoor cams.

An option to have selectable items would be nice though.

I discovered how to download from SD card, its clumsy but seems to work
Go to the playback screen
1 place timeline marker where you want to begin download
2 tap the record button
3 increase the speed to 16x
Its a very clumsy method but seems to work
Eufy video download

Also, this is 2nd time when I need a clip Eufy is useless.

My card is full, Eufy purposely written that files do not over write the beginning like Dashcam. So I cannot see the clip even I have sd card.

I am done buying Eufy nor recommending it.

An Update on the SD card.
Not sure if Eufy’s firmware update fixed the issue.

Yes, It seems the 2k now can over written once sd card filled to end with 0.91gb left.

thx Eufy.

1 Like

Can someone let me know if Samsung pro or SanDisk endurance works on the indoor pan and tilt . Read somewhere in this forum that it was not detected

as long its not bigger than 128gb , it should work

Oh really let me wait… and update the thread in couple of days on SD overwrite once it is full.

My dashcam 64gb sd card failed after 4 months in Eufy. Probably 20 times over write.

It is using ext4 format when I try to revive it.
It indicated it is locked to read only.

I suspeCt the mbr sector corrupted.
You just cannot keep writing the on the same mbr sector for new video.