Petition for open source API's, a Dev share program, and direct App to hardware communication

I am for this, also.

5 Likes

I could not agree more with this request

5 Likes

I have had my system up for literally 5 hours now, and I’m already looking into a different brand. The function of this product isn’t exactly what I wanted. And it all has to do with how I use the app and storage options. I have a different camera already that isn’t water proof. But I have way more features on its app and expanded storage options. Sign me up on this petition!

7 Likes

The community would love this functionality. Please deliver eufy, you’re our only hope

4 Likes

@eufy : congrates for your really good products :+1:t2:

+1 ! It would be really great and should make once more the difference with other brand if could be easy to integrate in Home Assistant. :grinning:

The works look to be already began : Controlling Eufy Security Devices with ioBroker

Best regards
:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Please do it! It will pay off.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Would love to have a Dev program / API instead of having to reverse engineering everything!

2 Likes

100% support this, love the hardware and the first party software and updates are great but as a community we need to have access to an official api for those who want it.

2 Likes

The hardware is great. But not being able to integrate this with Home Assistant is a major flaw.
You would sell more products if it had an open API. Why can’t you see that?

4 Likes

Yes, please +1.

3 Likes

Yes to the API!

2 Likes

I vote yes to the open API etc.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes to the API!

3 Likes

Yes, please open the API!

3 Likes

This is a very, very, very important feature.
I bought a doorbell, homebase2 and several cameras and door sensors and now I see I can’t automate anything with them, which is sad. Hope the API is coming or else I will have to change the whole system.
Don’t know how hard is to actually have an API endpoint in each camera, homebase, etc. so home-assistant can read status, set status, trigger alarms, etc.
Thank you!

4 Likes

I would like this also! Creating a public API is fairly simple to do, one dev should be able to do that in a couple of days.

3 Likes

It looks like someone over at ioBroker and HA have gotten the API working with a lot of features. I’m not that savy to convert to Smartthings but maybe someone in this community is. https://community.home-assistant.io/t/eufy-camera-integration/121758

1 Like

100% support!

2 Likes

+1

A great way to build a customer base through word of mouth. Build up the community by enabling more integration!!!

2 Likes