Smart lock touch: Will wifi bridge be available to purchase separately

I currently have the smart lock touch, and purchased it about a month ago. I noticed the wifi version that just came out has a wifi bridge. Will the bridge be available to purchase separately from the lock?

I had the same question, but to be on the safe side, I ordered the pre launch code so if they do not offer some type of wifi enabled firmware nor sell the wifi bridge separately, I was just going to buy the new door locks and return the ones I recently purchased since they’re returnable until 1/31/21. I hope I don’t have to go the buy and return route. :crossed_fingers: I hope a Eufy rep will respond.

1 Like

I emailed support and they did say the bridge will eventually be available for purchase individually. Just did not give exact dates.

All current smart locks both touch and non touch will be compatible as the locks and bridges will communicate over Bluetooth like other products on the market. The catch is users will need an outlet close enough and inside for this communication

1 Like

It may be around mid Dec.

2 Likes

That’s around the time I was going to start checking for it. Was thinking a few weeks after the release of the full package.

Will this work with IFTTT or home assistant or smart things?

I’m concerned if it will work with Apple HomeKit in any way.

Any updates on this? I can’t find the wifi adapter separately.

Looks like there was a delay in releasing the bundle which is delaying the stand alone. Eufy is now saying in 2-3 months.

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2CUTC5OEJZ0CM/?source=allQuestionsPage

I’m also on the cusp of a purchase but stuck until I know a few things. I am considering the video doorbell along with 3 locks. I need all connected to wifi for remote access. Some of my questions are:

1. If I have the homebase for the doorbell, do I also need a bridge for the lock on the same door? Ideally, the homebase would also allow the lock on the same door to connect to wifi (in addition to the doorbell), and an additional bridge is not necessary.
  2. I have two doors near each other (within ~30 feet) to enter the garage from backyard and then from garage into house. Can I use one wifi bridge to connect both locks to wifi, or would each door need it’s own wifi bridge?
    Thanks!

As of now the smart lock and WiFi bridge are standalone looking at the specs.

• Homebase and Wireless Video Doorbell uses proprietary communication, and Wired Video Doorbells use users WiFi APs and can’t connect to homebase.

• WiFi bridge talks Bluetooth to a single smart lock.

No,Wi-Fi Bridge will not work . It will only work for the New version of the Touch lock which is made specifically to work with both bluetooth and Wi-Fi .

@jawonder did Eufy tell you this? Multiple people including myself contacted support and there is no new lock model just a new WiFi bridge that talks to all current locks with Bluetooth and a Firmware upgrade. Just the Bundle gets first dibs and they will be selling bridge standalone in a few months.

Will it work with homebase 2? I’m considering the purchase only if it works with home base 2. Thanks!!

According to eufy who responded on this amazon product page, the wifi bridge will be able to pair with existing smart locks…eventually. I assume via a firmware update later:

“When the WiFi bridge will ready for selling on Amazon, it will compatible with the older version of Smart Touch lock.”

Now available

Certified Wi-Fi Bridge for eufy Security Smart Lock, Remote Wi-Fi Unlocking, Instant Notifications, Connect to The Google Assistant or Alexa, Official eufy Accessory. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LPJ15LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FSFX7FZNNTYMNZ3CHB6G