Tips for eufy Security App v4.0

Good luck. We are STILL waiting for geofencing + scheduling after 2 years.
@Mengdi @Helsing how about an update? Seems like the least you could do.

Yeah that happened to me too. Why can’t just leave it the way it was ?:rage:

Why can’t I view all devices in one view? Super annoying that I now have to click twice to look at a shared device.

2 Likes

Typical of Eufy pushing out an app update which has flaws that is why I will not update to v4 because Eufy are crap at everything they do or touch, they have the worst support team out there they could not organize a piss up in a brewery. I will stay on v3 because of all the headaches this latest update is giving at least i know that some of the functions work properly.

2 Likes

I can’t ad an dual video doorbell dual Pro to my HomeBase2.
Firmware or app nog correct. What are the solution ?..

Same here, update wiped out devices on owner phone, only to appear 12 hrs later, wife update on apple phone lost devices, needed to reinvite to devices

Hi, did you resolve this issue, I have the same problem?

Thanks.

Have you also noticed the ai deleting relevant footage? I’m experiencing that currently on my eufycam and eufycam 2.

The last few app updates have been brutal with the latest being the absolute worst! Trying to review/delete footage cause the app to freeze or just randomly close. Please go back to the previous versions. This one is unreliable when people have these for security reasons!

2 Likes

No I haven’t. The only issues I have are the really late notifications. There’s times when I open the app and they all come through at the same time. 2k doorbell is by far the worse on notifications. It was working fine 3 months ago.

Hi I am facing the same issue

I have the same problem, this update not open the camera and take too long to update too the notification and some times not get notification :frowning:

After the v4 update the entire Homebase2 was suddenly wiped clean. All devices, history, recordings, invited users and settings were gone. Had to go through the entire setup and inviting all over again. I’m now setting up RTSP recording on the NAS to keep at least some history backups.

I do like the new UI. It is very clean and easy to navigate. Also the live stream of the 2k doorbell and cameras, notifications are working great. I enjoy the new combined history timeline. Very useful to get a quick overview of the events.

Only weird part are the Homebase videos. I think they indicate the home/away events, but they appear as blurred video stills in the timeline.

My devices where also wiped after the update, did they wipe the database of devices or something after the update?

1 Like

Is anyone monitoring here? Or anywhere. I have sent messages as well and have yet to see any follow-up.

1 Like

Are all my devices going to get wiped every time there is an update? Not very ideal for a security /surveillance system. I don’t live on the property where my devices are located and this is the 3rd time over the last two weeks!

2 Likes

The best tip I have for anyone on version 4 app is Run! Eufy developers keep cranking out more bloated code that affects everything in the app.

First. they screwed up the hierarchy by adding multiple homes at the top level. This made users think that their devices were gone when simply moving down a level would show they were still all there. For the few people that needed multiple homes, they messed up the entire app.

Stop adding new features that no one wants that just cause issues with existing functionality. Get some real software designers and fix the mess you made of the app and device firmware. If you don’t, you won’t have any customers left, no matter how many new buggy devices you bring out.

1 Like

Security App 4.0 gave no advanced notice. I had to reinstall my home base and devices. I didn’t get the notice of update until 2 days later. The notice was a small pop-up, barley noticeable on the page. Terrible rollout and information.

2 Likes

Im not sure if its related to this update or not but my doorbell camera hasn’t been picking up almost anything except when I open the door to go outside.
It didn’t pick up 2 deliveries that happened yesterday which is kind of worrying.
I had my settings set to be on high sensitivity and it had worked perfectly up until just recently. It worked so well it picked up cars going by. Now it won’t even detect the mailman coming up to the door to drop mail off.
None of my settings have changed either.
What happened?

2 Likes

Same problem here with my 2K Battery Doorbell. Late notifications constantly. This doesn’t help me whatsoever and makes the device a useless electronic device screwed to my home for no reason! This needs to be a priority to be fixed IMMEDIATELY or the company will burn its reputation for future business. HELP US RESOLVE THIS!!!

3 Likes