Wireless doorbell - option for record video on bell press only?

Does anyone know if there’s a setting for vid recording bell press events only, and not also having motion detect enabled? Seems like it’s all or nothing… (well, other than a notification on bell press).

I want to enable bell press vid recording for some periods (like the day), but full motion detect for others (eg night time). Otherwise in recording mode I get so much spam vids of coming and going past my front door…

I’ve had a search of the other threads but couldn’t find anything. thanks for any help.

3 Likes

wow thanks for the lightning fast reply. But can you then work that into a schedule? I dont think so? i.e. motion detect off in day and on at night? Seems like once you toggle MD off, that’s the base setting.

I think the motion detect option needs to be in the security mode, rather than the device setting.

2 Likes

Thanks. Though, as you say - sort of. You would still get a lot of unwanted recordings for e.g. day because you have to have MD detect on to select vid recording for a doorbell press… seems it would be a simple option to add record vid on press only!

thanks, but yeh that still wont get doorbell presses recorded and motion events not recorded (in the same security mode) … and yep they do keep detecting motion, as I found out when I set up an automation where the detecting camera had record off.

Just resurrecting this. I’m still hanging for this option.

Was looking at the automation tab on the app and saw that you can have button press as a trigger - but then the only record video options are on other cameras/devices.

I guess that’s the point of automation, but it must be pretty easy to implement a software solution that the doorbell records on a button press only (and not motion)! C’mon Eufy please!

Hey gazing,
What happens if you disable the ‘Motion detection’ from the respective settings menu in the doorbell settings?

According to the Power Manager, the optimal battery life setting would suit your needs (no motion detection, only record when doorbell pressed).

Bump. How is record when pressed not an option???

We still waiting for a solution for this? I’m having the similar trouble. Press the button but no record of video. On optimal battery which should record it. But doesn’t. The doorbell event works as on the app but no video is recorded on the Homebase.
Anyone got a solution yet? Eufy? It was working for the last 12 months but it is not now for the last few weeks. Very annoying!