Adding Family & Guest

I have tried to follow the steps. I have also tried to delete the app and install again again. When the verification email comes with 6 digit code I sign in but still NOTHING. I have sent eufy support explaining the situation but no response so far

I have the same issue and people here keep repeating the same “you have to create the account then log in and you will see the invitation”. Well, no. It does not work for me. I have an Alro camera and with an identical process but the difference is that with Arlo it works. Very disappointing.

1 Like

I had the same issue with the sign up notification for my wife not appearing in her app. Although she did get the emails.

After investigating using an apple I phone , when you type an email address the first letter is capatilized by default.( which normally doesn’t cause any issues )

So my wife was logging in with abc@hotmail.com and I had set her up as admin user with Abc@hotmail.com.

So our fix was for me to Resend the invite to abc@hotmail.com
She then got the email and the notification in the app.

Not sure if this is a bug or a security feature?

So far I had been pretty impressed with the Eufy… until this one issue.

Tried countless times to set up my partner’s account with guest rights to our doorbell (she doesn’t want anything to do with the admin stuff), and no in app message appears for her to accept. Very disappointing that this has been happening for so long.

This is still an issue. I’m facing the same problems.

Both Android, accounts set up separately, etc. nowhere to accept the invitation. Tried Admin and Guest, neither works.

I have opened email but no option for accepting!
Thank you!

I have solved this problem: The location of the admin user and the guests should be set in the same region (either US or EU). You can see in the Eufy app under section"About" whether your app version is US or EU. In my case my app account showed US version but my guests were on EU version. This is because my phone (Android) language was set to United States.

So I did the following steps:

1. Delete my Eufy account
  2. Delete the Eufy app
  3. Changed my phone language to a language based in EU (or US as long as both you and guests have the same region)
  4. Installed the Eufy app again
  5. Created my new Eufy admin account
  6. Add camera’s again
  7. Now you can share and invitations will popup on guest device

Before deleting your account, perhaps you could first try deleting the app and change phone language to the region you want. Then reinstall the app and see if the region is set to your preferred region (US or EU).

2 Likes

Same issue, tried deleting the invitation and sending again. Tried changing the first letter of the email address to capitalise but it said it had already sent invitation.

Just doesn’t work simply.

This was the only suggestion that worked for me. Had to log out and in a couple of times on the guest account before the invite showed up, but then everything worked after that. Thanks for the post :+1:

How about being able to create second account within the app instead of all the emailing. I want to have a second account so that Eufy can interact with my home automation but to do so I need to have a second phone and install of the app. I have an email address I use for such things but because it arrives in my inbox I cannot use it to accept invite on my phone. That just opens the app to the send invite screen

Same remarque sent to EUFY support but no news from them regarding this point to manage different acces rôle in the apps. I don’t want my childs set up the system, only activate and desactivate is enough.

The answer is pretty simple, when sending the invite check the ‘guest’ box as only one user can act as the administrator.

Just got my Eufy Battery doorbell today. had the same problem. but figured it out.

Have the person you want as a guest create their account first. Then send the guest invite while their app is open.

If app guest account was created after invite.
Delete the original invite and close out both apps.
Open both apps, then resend the guest invite.
The guest should immediately get notification via the APP to join (not by email) .

Im really new here. But I undestand everyone is having problems as I am about to go through this process. So I want add this new person.

1. Send invite. Got it
  2. I start them an eufy account. Got it.
  3. They go to their email and accept. Got it.

Here lies my question… dont I have to add them to each individual camera or??? So what would be Step 4. Step 5 etc? Android family

And again I’m green and technologically stunted. Please forgive my ignorance

when you invite a family member you will need to provide an email address then they will received an email to install the apps.

actually that’s the one i did but you need to setup the device on their phone once they open the apps. i did that apparently my account was kickout from the device. my boss wants to have an access to the cam from his phone. is there any steps do i need to do so that it will not kick the first phone i registered on the camera?

The reason you got kicked out was you were using your existing credentials to log in on their device. Eufy only allows one device to logon with a set of credentials. If you were logged in on your phone and used the same login on his phone, it would kick you out of your account on your device.

When you create separate child accounts using Family and Guests, you create separate accounts and credentials. So create a child account for your boss and send him an invite. You don’t need to set anything up on his device, you can do it all from Family and Guests on your master account. He will log on using his credentials and you can control which devices and what permissions he has.