Adding Family & Guest

The lack of resolution after all this time is pretty dissapointing.

I have the same problem using Android for both accounts. Both Samsung mobile devices.

However, the email screenshot above is not the same invitation email that was sent out. The invitation email looks like this :point_down:

same issue here. Setup a second account on my android device. Invited that account to be a guest (tried admin as well) for my doorbell and camera. No invite is popping up in the eufy security app. I still have a blank app without any devices.
I’ve removed the invite, and send several new invites, but no luck. Please fix!

I am curious. Did the email invitation come through for your new account?

I just went back and removed one of my admin accounts. Then, I added it back in as a guest account. I got the invite email. Went into the app, which existed already and it was empty of devices. The confirmation popup appeared. I confirmed it, logged out and logged back in and all and my devices populated.

Seems like the common denominator in this problem is making the tie between the invitation associated with the master account and it’s device list and the new account. Most people having trouble seem to get the email, but when they create a new app, they don’t get a confirmation, which seems to be what triggers attaching the existing account and devices to their account.

So part of the process from the existing account to the invite email seems to be working. Its the tie between existing master account and new account that isn’t being set up because no confirmation pop-up appears.

And, don’t forget, the whole process does seem to work for most people. I have setup 4 accounts over the last month and haven’t had any trouble. The only glitch I had was when I decided to upgrade one of my 2 guest accounts to admin and they both got upgraded.

Same problem here. My girlfriend never receives the notification.
I tried resetting the doorbell and adding it via her account and then send an invitation to my account but it doesn’t work either.
What I noticed is that my app is v2.2_741(US) while her app is v2.2_741(EU). I live in Belgium so I don’t know why I get the US version of the app from the Play Store. My country is set to Belgium and I try to redownload it from different ways but it is always the US version that I get.

Same situation here with the different app region versions. Wondering indeed if it makes a difference with pairing or not.

Same situation here. @AnkerSupport please provide a solution

You can probably get her a US version by downloading it from APKMirror.com. Then you could try again with both of you on the same localized version. I have downloaded the Eufy app several times from that site when using Android emulators when I don’t want to tie them to Google. The apks have been so far exactly the same as what I can get from Google Play.

What I like about that site is they keep older versions of the apk available for download so you can rollback to an earlier version if you suspect an update borked some feature.

Hi @pysailr I’ve tried it with same result. Honestly I think @AnkerSupport has some issue in how the provision guest from master accounts and hope @AnkerSupport can resolve it soon otherwise I have to send it back and find other vendor

There are a few people reporting issues on the forum. There are also a lot of users not having any issues. I have created 4 new accounts in the last several weeks without any problems. I even deleted one and re-added it with different privileges.

Whatever the problem, the users with the issue need to contact support so they can take a look at where the process hangs up. I don’t think posting on this board alone will be enough to get things moving with any urgency. The bug must be pretty obscure to only effect a few users.

Same exact issue here. I get the email, I have an account, but never get a notification or way to accept in the app.

I have the same issue. Surprised the manufacturer hasnt provided a reply to this issue

I’ve sent the invite to my partner and she doesn’t even get the email!!
Its not in her spam either. I’ve tried multiple times.
The system is obviously a bit broken.
Id ordered the doorbell aswell but may send (both) back if I cant let family connect.

Hi @AnkerSupport, I am facing the same issue. There is no notification in the app to accept

Same isse for me too. I have just replaced my Ring doorbell with Eufy doorbell. But already I have encountered this issue. I am more concerned at the lack of support from Eufy/Anker in this forum.

@AnkerSupport - is this being resolved or should I just return the hardware now, as it is within the 30 day return period?

1 Like

Same problem, no notification in app. Followed all the steps, repeated several times but still no notification.
Seeing the reactions from @AnkerSupport (none during the months that users report this issue) I don’t have any trust that this wil be resolved.
Wish I’d have known this before I bought their products.

Hi there if you are using android device then I have made it work you have to allow battery usage as some phones don’t allow back ground usage try it works for me at cost of battery drainage unfortunately

FIXED!

Take a look here: Family device sharing invitation won't come on app

Updated 2020-11-30T23:00:00Z

1 Like

Not really a fix but it could be a solution.
I have got contact with support now and hopefully they can help me to share the camera’s.
But they should fix it so invite notifications work instead of people having to contact support when they want to share camera’s.

Btw, the first suggestion from support was to click the link in the invitation e-mail but that mail says that the person has to accept the invitation in the app and there is no link…

RE: Sharing App - ADDING Friends/Family

This is what worked for us. (had same problem-not intuitive)

1. You/owner/creator of home account:
    Send invite to family member’s email. Then expect nothing. You’ll see -after sending- something on your account like: “waiting for wifeEmail@gmail…”

2. Your invitee, Separately (can be in advance), downloads the app AND sets up a user account UNDER their Own email/own passwd. -the email you sent the invite to.

3. Once they do that, and then They Log in again on their own phone to THEIR Eufy account, THEN they see/receive an invite from you to accept, inside their Eufy app.

When they accept, they get access to the camera setup you have.

i hope that helps !!

see reply #59
RE: Sharing App - ADDING Friends/Family

This is what worked for us. (had same problem-not intuitive)

1. You/owner/creator of home account:
    Send invite to family member’s email. Then expect nothing. You’ll see -after sending- something on your account like: “waiting for wifeEmail@gmail…”

2. Your invitee, Separately (can be in advance), downloads the app AND sets up a user account UNDER their Own email/own passwd. -the email you sent the invite to.

3. Once they do that, and then They Log in again on their own phone to THEIR Eufy account, THEN they see/receive an invite from you to accept, inside their Eufy app.

When they accept, they get access to the camera setup you have.

i hope that helps !!