Dual Doorbell camera video glitch

I’m using the dual camera video battery powered doorbell with the Home Base 2. Whenever the doorbell detects something and records, the video is all glitched with lines, bars, static, blocks of pink etc. The video is utterly unusable. The same happens if I click on the live view, but sometimes if I quit and go back to live view the picture becomes clear.

I had the home base plugged into ethernet but distance to doorbell was about 7m with two walls between. Now I’ve changed the home base to Wi-Fi, moved it to about 4.5m away with one wall between. The Wi-Fi test in eufy Security app says both the home base 2 and dual doorbell camera have excellent signal, but I’m getting the exact same problem of glitchy video.

I feel like this product is defective. Unless anyone has any ideas, should I ask for a replacement?

Just to add, the firmware for both devices is up to date.

My dual camera video doorbell is working ok, I do not have any picture issues. Think you may have a damaged doorbell, contact Eufy.

Are you having any other issues with the dual video doorbell? My motion settings are at the max but it detects people late approaching the door. When viewing live view it takes a while to play compared to my 2 pro and 2C cameras.

1 Like

Just got off the live chat with Agent-Bowie who was very helpful. Walked me through a factory reset, save any important video first, then press the sync button for 10 seconds and re-add the device.

Everything seems to be working fine now!

Dual camera is a new product, Eufy needs to pay attention to their firmware.

1 Like

I have the same issue and was hoping to set it up so that when my driveway camera detected motion it would start the doorbell cam to record (automation) but apparently cameras cannot trigger doorbell cams. At least that’s what support told me.