Eufy 2C camera battery function

Hi
I run the security cameras (2) from 9pm-7.00am only as we are retirees and at home most daylight hours. So battery life is only 24-26 days before a recharge is needed I noted they were using 4%-6% a day. I read on another post that whilst Homebase is switched off the cameras still try to communicate with it therefore using excessive battery life. The fix was to unplug the Homebase. I tried this but same result of 4% usage a day. I then checked for a few days and battery usage was virtually nil when I ran the system 24/7.
I’d prefer to switch the system off during the day is there anyway I can do this and save battery life ?
Power Manager on Optimal Battery Life and Motion Detection at 4.

Cheers

Brian

You can temporarily turn off motion detection. It will still communicate with your HomeBase but I’d imagine it would use much less power.

Just don’t forget to turn Motion Detection back on once you need the cameras

Cheers, I’ll give it a try

Brian

1 Like

Unbelievable, turned Homebase off and Motion detection period 7am-9pm and battery dropped 6% !

Brian

Turned homebase off? How would someone do that? Or are you doing it correctly by switching to “disarmed” mode? (Under the security tab)

You can set a schedule for your cameras that will arm and disable automatically. Set up correctly and leave it alone for a month… then have a look at the battery life. I don’t think checking it every day will give you real world results.