Eufy Doorbell 2K HD wired charging issues

Hello there,

Back in november 2020 I purchased the 2K HD doorbell and had it installed hardwired, hooked up to a transformer. It was a great solution, since I did not want to charge the battery each month, especially since I require high availibilty monitoring.

Almost two years ahead, beginning of this month I was alerted on my app that the battery was almost drained and needed charging. I immediatetly tested my transformator (which was new and installed by the retailer shop), everything seemed to work just fine power-wise. After disconnecting the doorbell, I decided to test if it would charge through USB, which it did!

I checked the wiring between the trafo and doorbell and even replaced it, yet still I did not see any change. After reconnecting the doorbell, it still didnt’ seem to charge and seemed to still slowely drain (about 2% each day). Something I also noticed, is that the battery icon isn’t GREEN. Could this be an indication that it isn’t charging anymore?

Is this something that has happened to other people as well? If there are other things I could try/test, please let me know! Else I’ll be going to use the warranty the maybe get the doorbell replaced.

Thank you in advance!