HDR effects motion

It appears that turning On HDR reduces the sensitivity of the motion detection. My wired 2k doorbell camera looks great with HDR on but I don’t get as many motion events. With HDR off, I get a motion alert when the mail truck pulls up to my mailbox on the street. It’s about 20ft away from my eufy doorbell.
Even though I like the picture with HDR on, I’ll turn it off to get better motion.
I guess it makes sense, because HDR has to take at least 2 pictures, one with high contrast and another with low contrast and combines them together, all while trying to detect motion of pixel changes.
Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I have not noticed this on my Eufy Dual video doorbell cam wired. But I have not been looking for this either. I know I am not missing alerts totally as I have a Hikvision ColorVu the watches the area leading up to my door. That camera’s AI is pretty spot on. I do not think that one has ever missed an alert. As has my dual 2k Eufy wired doorbell cam. But that does not mean it does not have some affect, or even a large one. Like does it only detect someone walking up at 7 feet with HDR on, but 15 to 20 without it? That maybe enough of a difference to make some cameras miss alerts due to limitation of the installation area, angle to the visitors, how much sun glare it gets (especially in the mornings and evenings), etc. I know my doorbell is not ideal for face recognition due to my limited mounting possibility at this retinted house. I did find that using the activity zones on mine to only look at the 15 to 20 feet walking up to my front porch/front door while setting the sensitive to max human only detection has given me the best / fastest / farthest away notifications of some coming up to my front door. I am going turn off HDR off as soon as I save this reply. I will let it do its thing for the next day or two and compared the distances it detects humans away from the door that it I sends out notification, the speed of the notices. etc. from old recordings and the new ones without HDR. I will let everyone know what I find as you hypothesis sounds logical.