Pan and tilt indoor eufy camera hacked

My wife has been telling me that someone is whistling at her through our indoor pan and tilt eufy camera how can I find out if someone is in fact hacked our camera and how can I fix the problem. Please help my wife doesn’t feel safe in our own home and this is the reason why we bought the cameras in the first place to help secure our home.

This is odd. I just bought two of those cameras for my house.

You should check your home network. Make sure it is not public and it requires a password. If it’s a private network like it should be, you should change your password anyway now along with changing your Eufy password too.

Do a scan of networks at home and see if there are any open networks in your area showing up. Not sure what this will prove but if most networks in your area are private, then it tells you that most of your neighbors are safe. You’ll usually see the same networks showing up all the time around you, but keep an eye out if you see a new one showing up since this issue started happening. You might be able to find out a bit more about it if you dig further.

I bow out and hope that someone with more network knowledge responds with a better answer so we can all learn a bit more to be safe with these devices.

open the cam and cut mic and speaker wires.

never place ip cam indoor unless you are away.

First, make sure your 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band is WPA2 at least. This eliminates most hacker’s ability to steal your Wi-Fi. Second, change your password to something long with special characters in it. WPA2 can still be hacked but only through brute force which means the hacker will keep trying random strings or a dictionary to try and guess your password. By making the password longer and with numbers and special characters it will make it exponentially harder for a brute force method to work. WPA3 is the most secure but most older 2.4Ghz consumer devices won’t work.

It goes without saying your router’s admin account needs the same if not stricter password requirements.

Also ensure your Eufy Homebase has the latest firmware. There were some vulnerabilities including allowing someone to remotely steel your camera feed. This was apparently addressed by Anker in April after it was reported.