Unable to connect homebase 2 to network

I’ve just bought a doorbell and can’t complete the homebase 2 setup.

The homebase is connected by ethernet to my router, the blue light is flashing, but when I try to connect via the app I get the error “unable to add homebase 2”.

I tried support and they said my phone has to be connected to 2.4ghz (!) but my router (eero) has a combined SSID and you can’t select which band to use. I tried going into my garden so it dropped to 2.4ghz but that didn’t help either.

Support recommended a warrantee return but is there anything else I can try before I do that?

Thanks in advance!

You need a dedicated SSID for 2.4 Ghz. If your router won’t deliver that, it probably won’t work, or will only work intermittently. For less than $30, you can get a dedicated router for 2.4 Ghz and eliminate most of the problems caused by the mesh router.

I seem to have got it working. I found an old 2.4ghz router and set its SSID/password to match my eero (which was unplugged), then I hooked the homebase to that and was able to complete setup on the app.

Then I plugged it back into the eero and it is all happy and working so far. The app can see it, the Alexa skill can see it and the homebase WiFi works fine too.

So it seems it only needed my phone to be on 2.4ghz for the initial setup?

1 Like