Alexa Skill Issues

Still no update or response from Eufy…
Waiting…

1 Like

Crashed after 27 days use eufy cameras and alexa.

I’ve tracked it back seems Amazon ---- Eufy is the issue. Not Amazon. Authenitcation.

I crated a new email account relinked main to Echo Shows and it seems to have by passed Amazon or Eufy has a limitation on their devies only working for a maxium days and then shutting down off Amazon. Anyhow all working again.

Down again, seems every weekend someone turns a switch off at amazon. Works on Website, does not work on cameras lacks authenication of the cameras via Amazon.

Yet Customer Service does not care.

CAN WE PLEASE GET THE ALEXA SKILL TO WORK WITH THIS EUFY DOORBELL???

Please someone fron EUFY Pick this up…

Appears that every time the Eufy FW is updated the Skill goes Pete Tong! Didn’t have this issue with the Ring Doorbell! - looks like the folks at Ring know something about coding and FW and Amazon skill linking that EUFY don’t… I’d get your egg heads on this FASAP!

You have many C U S T O M E R S very unhappy about this issue! PLEASE RESOLVE IT!

HI there,
I’ve had the battery doorbell for about three weeks now.
I linked it to Alexa and until now she has announced “There’s someone at the door” when the doorbell is pressed.
Today, this stopped working. I tried disabling/enabling/discovering the skill again but can’t get it working.
I know Alexa can “see” the doorbell because she can show the video on my TV screen, but no door chime.

Anything else I can try?
Thanks.

You’re using a fire stick I assume ?

err, no - haven’t got one if those.

Video plays on LG TV which has Alexa built in,
Doorbell used to chime on Echo dots, but doesn’t anymore.

Maybe your slider reset, it has to be set to announce a doorbell press, I’ll put a screenshot of mine below.

The list of devices it can communicate with will open up if you click on it, make sure your tv is still connected. (Yes, I know 18 Alexa devices is crazy, but I like them :grin:)

“Alexa announcement when doorbell pressed” does not work today. I am thinking to return the doorbell… have wasted so much time on it.

Well, it started working again today without any action from me.
Hmmm …

Still no update on the door sensor or motion detector Alexa skill linking for automation…
Getting bored on this one, looks as sell sell sell and no support for the basics…

That isn’t all at Eufys side, Amazon owns Ring, which has all the Alexa integration in spades because it’s in their interest, obviously.

If Alexa integrates with everything off the cuff it lessens their advantage.

Topshelferok - Not so sure on that, every time Alexa is instructed to access a EUFY device it has to access the EUFY servers for authentication, if there is a bottle neck or an issue then it will time out, obviously not the same for amazon devices as you are already authenticated.

Maybe EUFY need to get their act together sort their issues out before Ring produce a 4K door bell and its goodnight EUFY!

There is a total lack of input / support / give a shit by EUFY in this thread, I called them and got a standard - not our problem call Amazon! The Doorbell does not even have a Windows / Mac App that allows live footage viewing - This is standard! Sloppy very very sloppy, sent mine back, bought a Ring now happy :slight_smile:
I would suggest this solution path to all others, if it don’t work send it back and
buy one that does! Simples :slight_smile:

Seems like it, Alexa announcement it is a very useful feature that people want and many other cameras have.

Any updates from Eufy on the Alexa integration from Eufy. I’ve the same issue with the doorbell integration having considerably degraded since December, to the extent that it takes ages for the Alexa integration to trigger (mins to hours).

I’ve done all the suggested steps, deleting the Alexa skill, rebooting and so on. Ticket raised with Eufy support. Let’s see what happens.

Same issue here, would like to get entry Alexa simply make sound when door opens…
Eufy app making notifications/ recording as expected (actually better than I thought, very less delay), but Alexa routine keeps policy of sound of silence :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

At least you can see your devices … mine constant showing no devices… really annoying that nothing works… Doorbell, pro cams and hub, spotlight cam, alexa does not discover any of them on the same network… almost like it’s being blocked from getting to the cams

Would be great to get to the bottom of this, tested various things, such as reboot HomeBase, restart my network, disable to Eufy Skill and Re-enable on Amazon. Sadly having tested at around 9pm in the evening with 4 presses, I got for Amazon notifications at 130am in the morning. Not great for a good nights sleep.

I will give Eufy kudos for being responsive via my support ticket, Diasy has been super helpful and last update was it looks like a lag between the Eufy and the Amazon servers.

I may see what Amazon can do as well to help.

Quite a shame as when it works, it works great. As per other comment, the alerts via the Eufy app itself are still super fast, with iPad, and watch get near instant alerts